1 can of organic black beans
1 cup of very soft dates (soak in warm water for 30 min if necessary)
1 ¼ cup ground raw almonds
5 tbsp maple syrup
6 heaping tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp organic chia seeds soaked in 9 tbsp of water
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
¾ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
A pinch of salt
¼ cup chopped pecans for topping
1) Combine the black beans and dates in a food processor. Combine until NO whole beans are left. Refried bean consistency.
2) Add the ground almonds, maple syrup, cocoa powder, chia seeds, salt, and vanilla. Pulse for 30 seconds to a minute until combined.
3) Stir in the ½ cup of dark chocolate chips.
4) Place in a greased baking dish (or use parchment paper, like I did!) and top with pecans and additional chocolate chips.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. It will be a little gooey until it cools.